Save the date — November 22–27 2020
Cairns, Queensland, Australia
We invite you to join us at the Australasian Systematic Botany Conference in Cairns, north Queensland. This will be an exciting opportunity to view our research in a global context and how it contributes to addressing the big challenges such as biodiversity loss, climate change, habitat degradation and invasive species. We will also explore how new technologies such as artifical intelligence, machine learning, genomics and digital collections offer exciting opportunities to improve the way we meet those challenges in the context of national and international collaborations and knowledge exchange between cultures and across borders.
The conference will be held on the James Cook University campus in the Cairns Institute conference hall.
- Get up to date information from our stimulating and comprehensive range of speaker presentations
- Explore North Queensland’s World Heritage Listed tropical rainforests on our field trips
- Network with colleagues and friends, old and new
- Discuss and learn at our workshops
- Visit the Australian Tropical Herbarium (CNS)
Feel free to contact the organising committee by email if you have any queries otherwise we will keep subscribers to this web site up to date with developments, or follow us on Twitter for announcements.
We look forward to seeing you in Cairns soon.
The Organising Committee—Katharina Nargar, Darren Crayn, Ashley Field, John Clarkson and Frank Zich
Original date was 19–24 July 2020, now postponed